Twentieth Sunday in Ordinary Time - August 16, 2020Vigésimo domingo del Tiempo Ordinario - 16 de Agosto, 2020
Welcome to St. Agnes Church
We will have Masses for the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Saturday, August 15th
We invite you to celebrate a mass in honor of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This is a day of great tradition among Catholics. Although, this year it is not Holy Day of obligation, we strongly recommend to honor and venerate her on that day.
- 8:00 AM (English)
- 12:00 PM (Spanish)
Tendremos misas en español para la Asunción de la Virgen María el sábado 15 de agosto a las 12:00 PM
Este es un día de gran tradición entre los católicos. Este año no es día de precepto.
Dear St. Agnes Community,
As you know, we are underway with several construction projects, including the Pre-K building for the Academy & the Building with JOY project.
We would like to provide you with an update on the projects.
- Due to Covid-19, Fundraising for the Building with JOY project was put on hold for several months. However, due to the tax benefits for 2020 provided by the new CARES Act, we are again actively contacting our parishioners to take advantage of this great opportunity in which individuals can deduct up to 100% of Adjusted Gross Income and corporations up to 25% of taxable income.
- The pledged amount is currently at $16MM, which is 88% of our goal. We are grateful that all pledges are coming in on time.
- The entire site plan has been finalized.
- The Pre-K plan has also been finalized.
- The Building with JOY plans, including the church, multi-purpose building, perimeter road & plaza, are at more than 50% of completion.
APPROVALS & PERMITS
- The Village of Key Biscayne fully approved the site plan at their meeting on 4/28/20.
- The Pre-K building architectural plans have been submitted to the Village for permitting.
- Once the Building with JOY architectural plans are finalized, we will need to submit them for permitting.
- Three construction companies are in the process of formalizing their bids to be submitted by early September for review and selection of a project contractor based on the current completion level of the architectural plans.
- The project will be done in phases to minimize disruption.
- Phase 1 of construction will be the Pre-K building and start approximately Q4 2020.
- Phase 2 would be the civil work including the perimeter road, drainage, plumbing and parking.
- Phase 3 includes the construction of the multi-purpose building/gymnasium & the church.
- Phase 4 includes the demolition of the current church and building the plaza.
We will keep updating you as things evolve.
Thank you for your continued support!
You can now market your business on the St. Agnes bulletins, E-newsletters & Website
Vist stakb.org/Ads for more information, or to begin advertising.
For questions, please email email@example.com
In Remembrance - Beryl Stafford
In memory of
From: Alfredo Jochamowitz
We are very excited to announce that the process of registering for next catechetical year 2020-2021 has started. This year we will only offer classes from 1st grade and up.
Classes will begin after Labor Day.
For more information, please visit our CCD webpageor contact Alida Kurzan: (305) 361-1378 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like others to pray for your intentions?
If so, please visit stakb.org/Petition to fill out the Prayer Request form
Your prayer requests will be placed under the exposed Blessed Sacrament at our chapel.
We ask all who visit to pray for the prayers requested by our fellow parishioners.
St. Agnes Community Business Directory
In times of hardships, it is important that we come together as a community to support each other. One way we can support each other is by supporting our businesses. We are making a directory of the St. Agnes community businesses to promote them on our website.
If you would like to include your business, please complete this form.