Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (CCD)
Summer Office Hours
Monday to Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Sr. Maria Andrea Oliver, SCTJM
- Ext: 245
- Alida Kurzan
- DRE Assistant
- Ext: 246
Our mission is simply to hold and teach the Catholic Faith that comes to us from the Apostles. We acknowledge the one Teacher, Jesus Christ, and remain steadfastly united to the Catholic Church He founded on the rock of St. Peter.
The Religious Education Program is a ministry at the service of the children and their families. It offers the children in our community (Grades PK4 through 12) the opportunity to study and deepen their knowledge of the Catholic Faith and to prepare for the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Communion and Confirmation)
Each child is seen as created in the image and likeness of God as a reflection of His goodness. We recognize that each human being is endowed with different capacities; therefore, we welcome, receive, and work towards the development of the faith in children who have special learning needs. Furthermore, as we understand that God has created all things for His glory and our benefit, we recognize that the call to be a living witness to the Gospel is central to the development of each student.
The core elements listed below form the foundation and strength of our Religious Education Program. With these elements, we seek to cultivate the hearts, minds, and souls of our students to their fullest potential:
- We recognize and respect parents as the primary educators of their children.
- We present the doctrine of the Catholic faith in its fullness and entirety as both knowledge to be learned and a life to be lived.
- The Sacramental Life is central to develop and sustain the Catholic Faith.
- The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and the Real Presence of Our Lord in the Eucharist is the “source and summit” of our faith.
- We promote frequent reception of the Sacraments of Penance and Holy Eucharist.
- We teach the Gospel values which reveal the moral life as expressed in the Ten Commandments and Beatitudes.
- We profess, cultivate, and practice the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy.
- We revere the Word of God.
- We look to the example of Our Blessed Mother—Mary, the first disciple of Jesus—as our model in the faith.
- We read about and study the lives of the saints as an example for our lives.
- We stress the importance of prayer as a source for growth in our spiritual lives. Holy Hours, Rosaries, Novenas, personal prayers, and Mass attendance are encouraged.
We encourage parents to send their children to Catechism from PK4 to 8th grade. Catechesis is the alternate for those who do not go to Catholic schools. In this way, they can receive continuing education in the faith from an early age. Children should attend once a week and we offer the following schedule:
|Sundays||10:00 am - 11:30 pm||Pk - 8|
|Tuesdays||4:30 pm - 6:00 pm||Pk - 8|
|Wednesdays||4:30 pm - 6:00 pm||Pk - 8|
To receive the Sacrament of Holy Eucharist and Confirmation the student needs a minimum of two years of preparation. The Sacramental preparation for First Communion begins in 2nd grade and for Confirmation in 7th grade.
For more information, please call: (305) 361-1378 or email@example.com